I’m so grateful for one of our readers, Sarah, who has written up several posts for us for our Disney Series: How To Get The Most For Your Money! She’s done her homework and has experienced lots of savings herself. We hope you enjoy our new series. Keep watch for more every Tuesday!
This is a list of 20 free things that are offered on Disney property. Some of the items require you to be an
on-site guest to take advantage of the free activity. Others are available to all guests!
When you stay on-site at Disney World in a Disney owned and operated resort the following amenities
are included with your stay non matter which resort you are staying.
• Magical Express- This is a Disney’s ground transportation service to and from the airport. When
you travel with Disney you don’t need to worry about your luggage. Just put the special luggage
tag on when you leave home and your bags are delivered to your hotel room after your arrival
at your resort.
• Park Transportation- Mostly in the form of buses. When you stay on Disney property you don’t
need to worry about renting a car. You can get everywhere you need to go on Disney busses,
monorail, and boats.
• Extra Magic Hours- Each day one of the parks opens an hour early or stays open up to two hours
late. This is only available to people staying with Disney.
• Fastpass+- Everyone can use Fastpass+ but staying at a Disney resort lets you book your
Fastpasses 60 days ahead of your arrival. People who are not staying on Disney property have to
wait until they get to the parks to book their Fastpasses.
• Mini Golf- If you book a package that includes your park tickets through Disney you get a round
of mini golf free with your package to use at one of Disney’s two mini golf courses.
• Ride the Monorail- Take a trip around the monorail. There is a Magic Kingdom loop and an Epcot
• Fireworks- Take the monorail to a Magic Kingdom resort and watch Wishes. You can also watch
the Water Pageant before the fireworks start.
• Take the bus to Animal Kingdom lodge. They have an animal viewing area where you can see
African animals such as zebras and giraffes. There is also African Story telling around the
• Take the bus to a different resort. Walk around and explore what the resort has to offer. Please
note there is no swimming in a resort that is not your own.
• Go to Fort Wilderness. Every night there is a Sing Along with Chip and Dale around the camp fire
that is free. They also Smore kits for purchase.
• Stay at your resort for a night. Most resorts offer a camp fire with free smores, Disney movie,
and pool activities.
• Take a trip to Downtown Disney. You can walk through the shops, people watch, build with
Legos, and kids can splash in the fountains.
• Check the App Store on your smart phone. There are hundreds of Disney Apps. Lots of them are
free. There are ones for ride wait times, dining menus, and overall resort information.
• While you are in the parks take advantage of these free services. There are photographers
taking pictures for Disney that will also take a picture on your camera after you use the Disney
issued card. Wait in line to see the characters. You can take a picture and get their autograph.
When it’s time for a meal the Counter Services restaurants issue free cups of ice water when