You probably think you wouldn’t want to be in my house on a school morning with 6 kids getting ready for school. But, we’ve actually got a pretty good routine around here and most mornings go quite smoothly. The biggest reason why everything is orderly is because I have a head start to the day.
I’ve listed a few things that I’ve found helpful to do before the kids wake up. Yes, they’re helpful in time management, but they’re also helpful to my soul and mind. I find when I have order around me, I have more clarity of mind and I actually feel myself breathe better. It may sound funny to some of you, but with 8 in our family-it’s hard to find clarity some days. 🙂 Starting the day in a positive way is a good foundation for a good day!
Though I wish I could fit in 50 things before the kids wake up, I find these 7 things most helpful. Give them a try.
1. Get to the bathroom before anyone else.
2. Start a load of laundry. A lot of times before I have to get the kids off to school, the morning load is done and I’m already on my second load.
3. Make my bed. I love walking into my room to a made bed!
4. Make the sandwiches for the lunch bags. You’ll see this is all I have to do because of my earlier prep. It’s VERY helpful, you can watch it HERE.
5. Empty the dishwasher. Having it emptied means the kids can make sure their dirty breakfast dishes go in there. I appreciate a tidy kitchen when coming home.
6. Have quiet reading/prayer time with my cup of hot cocoa.
7. Check emails. Rule of thumb, keep this for last. It’s too easy to lose track of time when on the computer, don’t you agree.