Using coupons helps us save money and sales are what we look at each week, which obviously saves us money. To really save money, it’s best to know when to find the lowest prices of the year. Once you see when to buy the items I’m listing here, you’ll understand how everything falls into place the rest of the year as well.
- Frozen Food Month-You’ll find lots of deals on frozen entrees, vegetable, desserts, juice concentrate and side dishes.
A lot of times you’ll see stores have instant savings when you buy a certain value of selected items. It may be something like, buy $25 in items and get $10 off instantly. You’ll be able to use coupons on these items as well which will result in getting a lot of frozen food for a great price!
- March Madness- You’ll see more sales and coupons for sodas, chips, dips, cheese and crackers. Also, brands like Tyson will usually have deals on their wings. Sometimes, you’ll find an extra coupon insert in your paper from Pepsi or other brands for such items as those we’ve listed.
- St Patrick’s Day- This is the lowest price you’ll find on Corn Beef. Buy what you want for your St Patty’s dinner and a couple extra for your freezer to enjoy later during the year.
After the holiday, look for clearances on any decorations.
- Seasonal Produce- asparagus, avocado, artichokes, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celery, collards, kale, lemons, limes, mushrooms, onions, oranges, radishes, rhubarb, spinich, strawberries
- Non-food items-Garden supplies, rainwear, luggage, ski equipment, pots and pans. perfumes. March, April and May you’ll find the best prices for our spring cleaning products
- Easter- Ham and eggs. This is the month that there seems to be a lot of sales and coupons for candy bars. After Easter, grab lots of clearances. My favorite clearance is the Cadbury Caramel Candy Eggs
- Jewish/Passover foods
- Baking Items-We had some great sales and coupons for our fall baking, now it’s time to get ready for some baking for Easter. You’ll find better prices on confectioners sugar, food coloring, baking mixes, baking chips, refrigerated dough. Also, check the craft/hobby stores for candy discs to create your own candies. When Easter greets us in March, we’ll see these deals pop up in March.
- Seasonal Produce-artichokes, broccoli, carrots, rhubarb, lettuce, mangos, spring peas
- Non-food Items- Winter boots, shoes, slipper socks, athletic shoes, sewing supplies
- Earth Day: You’ll find items on organic foods, light bulbs, Energy Star appliances, water bottles, natural personal care products, smoke detectors, carbon monoxide monitors
- Memorial Day- Here we have the beginning of many sales on condiments for our many BBQ gatherings. BBQ sauce, ketchup, salad dressings, chips, dips, S’mores items, hamburg and hotdog buns, grilling meats.
- It’s Cinco de Mayo so grab those Mexican food items such as taco kits, tortillas, sauces and more.
- Seasonal Produce- artichokes, asparagus, avocados, beets, corn, green beans, okra, pea pods, potatoes, strawberries, raspberries, zucchini
- Non-food Items- Suntan lotions, insect repellent, ant spray, paper products: plates, cups, napkins, plastic utensils, grill accessories and grill covers
- Memorial Day weekend is a time we’ll see many deals on mattresses. The new models are released in June.
- We’ll see a lot of discounts on most major appliances, again, new models are released in June.
- You also should see some good deals on tires.
- Looking for a new TV? Now’s the time to upgrade. You can get last year’s model at a lower price this month too!